RPG Pro Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Pro Forum

Provide a Chat on WOW, Runescape, FFXI, Guild wars, and so on

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NO1

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yghianer

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-08-02

NO1 Empty
PostSubject: NO1   NO1 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 12:53 am

"If you read anything, this takes place during the time line of the hobbit to the first book of the main trilogy, not the movies. The huge battles didn't take place yet. Mind you that there is an expansion that offers more lands that Tolkien wanted published but never came to fruition.
Sure All the uber popular sites arn't there, but hey, they will be. Read the forums, read the news; they say more will follow. To sit and think the game will never expand to all the sites is just plain stubborness on your part. Sure, Aoc and WAR is going to be better or WoW is roxxor in teh boxxorz, but if your a Tolkein fan, you'll appreciate what they have, and the story line they give you. I've ran through the chapters in both closed/open and now live and i felt like i was doing something, like i was helping the fellowship. Your not the hero of the game, your one of the many unsung heroes that was never talked about in the books.
If you don't like the game, move along and go to another part of the site that has the games you enjoy and talk about them, don't come around here bitching about how it doesn't have what you want. Your opinion has been acknowledged, but don't flame something just for the sake of griefing others.
I just want to have all these things written down a second time for you. This is the way things are. Also you can't assume the devs want huge raids like that. If you have read the books, you will realise that more people isn't necessarily better in this world. A small group of heroes will do the trick. Also, I want to reiterate for you that this game takes place (right now) early on in the storyline, and before the Fellowship of the Ring even begins. The Nazgul are just starting to freak out, and haven't pinned down the Shire, which implies that they haven't caught Gollum yet. They put up a small portion of the world, and have a smaller number of things, in order to allow for expansion. A MMO worldcan really only feasibly be so big, especially at release. By keeing it relatively small, and being actually a *very* small portion of the known world, they have given themselves the room to expand. Don't freak out about it so much."
Back to top Go down

NO1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Pro Forum :: Online Games :: Lord of the Rings Online-
Jump to: